Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Way Too Much to Say

           Family, this weeks readings are very soul stirring to me. It seems to me, as if I am all over the place with my thoughts. I feel so strongly about the need to remain focused on The Lord during these times, sometimes I want to bust. Religion should not be the catalyst to destruction of faith, but the building up of faith. I fear that too often, we forget to remove self, when doing the works of  God. 





Mark 8:34-36 reads, "And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (KJV). It's not about what we want, but what thus says The Lord. I'll leave you with this song by Kirk Franklin, Silver and Gold...

No comments:

Post a Comment