Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spiritual Formation


Spiritual Formation

Greetings, as I write this final blog, I can’t help but reflect upon how being in this class has put me back into a right relationship with Father. I have always had and felt a special connection with our Lord and Savior; I just didn’t learn what it was until I was around 23 years old. This is why this form of rhythmic prayer was an especially eye awakening experience for me. Although I am a very active person in my church community, and a willing servant of father, I began to feel as though He had turned away from me. By committing to mark time with my prayers, I realized that it was not God who turned away from me, but it was me who turned away from Him. Even though it is clearly written in Deuteronomy 31:6, to “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you” (NKJV), it does not always mean as much to you at the time you are going through your trials of life.

            If the true body of Christ would only come together and set aside a time to re-connect with God the Father, our nation would be a better place to live. 2 Chronicles 7:14 in the New King James Version (NKJV) sates it best, “ if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” It’s a hurtful thing when you realize that it’s not the enemy that is causing all of the turmoil in your live, and it is your lack of commitment to spending quality time with God. During this time I was able to get a clearer understanding of His will for my life.

            What struck me to my very core is how much God wants to communicate with His people. Every morning at 3:30 or 4:00, the Spirit of the Lord would awaken me to pray. All I had to do is earnestly seek Him, as I have done so many times in the past, and He availed Himself to me. Little ole me!!! I used to think that I was too tired to put aside special prayer time, due to my illness, but when God wakens me, I am not tired. He has always communicated with me through dreams, visions, and/or others in the past, but lately I just haven’t been listening, to know that He was still there waiting on me. For this, and many reasons, matters of religious practices are not what concern our Father; it is about relationships. All should strive to gain a personal knowledge of Him. I love you and thank you for all of the wisdom you have shared with me!! Blessings!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment