Monday, February 23, 2015

Lawyer’s Blog



Lawyer’s Blog:
Week 7:

In all of the readings from all of the weekly reading assignments, I am continuously fascinated by the content of the LUMEN GENTIUM. I never fully knew or realized the value and the consistency of the depth of inspirational train of thought flowing continuously from the LUMEN GENTIUM. I must admit the lack of my familiarity with the document is mainly due to a lifetime of functioning as a Baptist. I have no regrets about not being a Catholic but I feel highly blessed for the opportunity to study and consume the insightfulness beauty of the writings; and although I enjoy all of the weekly readings, I give the highest compliment to the LUMEN GENTIUM. Sometimes when I am reading it, I feel overwhelmed comprehending the appearance of what the mind of man can produce when the human mind is inspired by the Spirit of God. It is awesome and I am delighted.
This week’s reading of Chapter 5 of the LUMEN GENTIUM involving the universality of the holiness and structure of the Church centered on the trifold purity of God’s love, Spirit, and power is a prime example of what I am trying to reiterate. The first paragraph perfectly establishes a summarized foundation for the substance of the main body of the chapter. The second paragraph appears to equate holiness with the quality of perfection comparable to the flawless quality of God. I interpret this point of the writing as though the writer intended to communicate to believers a projection of the highest standard humanly attainable for all Christian people. The proceeding paragraphs tend to clarify and build upon the meaningfulness of holiness as it applies to the different roles found within the structure of the Church. The writer left no stone un-turned. He speaks of the importance of God’s love and divine holiness as required of persons at all levels of the body of Christ. I really admire the way the methodical voice of the writer speaks evenhandedly when disseminating the peculiar significance of the quality of holiness.  It is not something I regularly see within the body of the Church but it is nonetheless reinvigorating that it is an expectation of God and in this instance I conclude He relied on the literary communication of man to remind us.
                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment